Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Car Exhaust

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9832

• Engine
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Yeah, well, depends on what you wanna do.

High-output racing ignition systems place severe demands on distributor caps and rotors, so if you go through with your ignition system, then it's must. If you can find one cheap enough, it'll be well worth it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9833

• I am Q
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
i've never gotten aftermarket distributor,msd is the only brand that comes up.

I'd only get it if my distributor is falling to pieces.

I'd rather spend my $500 on a Hondata or a new clutch LOL

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9834

• Engine
  • Gold Boarder
I am Q wrote:
i've never gotten aftermarket distributor,msd is the only brand that comes up.

I'd only get it if my distributor is falling to pieces.

I'd rather spend my $500 on a Hondata or a new clutch LOL

I live by Nordstroms Auto Recycling plant.. Clutches are free for me. Aswell as tires. :)

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9835

• Pelican Fart
  • Ultimate Admin
  • Why are you looking here?
  • Thank you received: 102
I can get MSD's best cap and rotor set at a local performance store for $70, what I'm mostly wondering is if it's worth it to go buy that before putting in a coil.

I'm also wondering if a strut bar is a good idea on stock suspension. I know you feel a difference but should I wait until I upgrade to do it?

Edit: just saw your post Q, I'll hold off on the cap and such for now.
Just bein' a dick.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Pelican Fart.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9837

• I am Q
  • Gold Boarder
you won't feel any difference with the strut.

Get separate coils and shocks if you want better performance, as well as camber kit.

Control arms, braces, and etc...

Remember when getting struts, that you get lower and upper.

Best first mods are basic; shift boot, short shifter, weighted shift know, intake, exhaust, header, suspension, brakes... license plate relocate, jdm badges lol....

More thing you want to make you car look sweet xD

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9840

• Pelican Fart
  • Ultimate Admin
First thing I'm getting is a set of these: cgi.ebay.com/Car-Auto-Plastic-Adhesive-P...65d5b#ht_2218wt_1139
They have flames on them and I hear that adds 10 horsepower.

On a serious note, I've also been considering new headers for a while. How hot do those mothers get? I'd be afraid of cracking my radiator fans with that heat and I know that hot engines over time can fuck up your hood paint. I see a lot of ricers with the heat shields off, even some with the ugly-ass stock headers. Does that really lose any significant weight? I can't imagine those weigh much. I know it's fun to show off fancy shiny aftermarket shit, but old stock headers are nasty looking.

Also Engine hook up some 195/60R15 tires for me :D you know you want to. And ship them bitches for free ;)
Just bein' a dick.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9844

• Engine
  • Gold Boarder
Pelican Fart wrote:
Also Engine hook up some 195/60R15 tires for me :D you know you want to. And ship them bitches for free ;)

Wish I could man, but shit is sketchy enough just for me and some friends. Could make it more Tokyo Drift style, but they don't sell anything that would fizz.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9846

• I am Q
  • Gold Boarder
flames are awesome... if you wanna bbQ haha

header heat is no biggy... when your moving, the heat will move anyways. Your not revving your car in place? lol
If your really worried, just get heat wrap or heat coating... but its not good to leave on heat wrap.

Just plain is fine.. nothing is gonna crack or boil.. lol

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9848

• Pelican Fart
  • Ultimate Admin
Engine wrote:
Wish I could man, but shit is sketchy enough just for me and some friends. Could make it more Tokyo Drift style, but they don't sell anything that would fizz.

Hahaha I'd be down there every night stocking up.

Yeah I figured I'd be alright as long as I don't park my car over tinder. I'm just wondering if over time the heat from the headers is gonna damage those fans when I'm parked and they're cooling down. I'm not worried about anything overheating while I'm driving, my car runs at a normal temp and I've never had heat issues. If I get aftermarket headers that thing is coming off regardless so I can show them pretty little thangs off. I have seen cars that run so hot they crack/peel up the hood paint though. Nasty shit.
My car is so banged up it's not even funny. I've been considering spray painting my bumper because the previous owner hit a bucket of paint on one side and my neighbor backed into the other and stripped the paint. And then my passenger side rear quarter panel is creased in from when someone hit it and didn't leave insurance info. I'm not about to spend a grand on getting that fixed though. I just thought you all should know what the car looks like on the outside :cheer: It's obvious where my priorities lie. I've also got a door leak (not good in Portland) and someone snapped off my antenna. :silly:

Just wanted you all to know we're talking performance parts for a beater :pinch:
Just bein' a dick.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9852

• Engine
  • Gold Boarder
I want to tune the shit out of a car then put a dampening exhaust on it. I might lose a couple horsepower from it, but there would be NOTHING better than rolling up to a stoplight and revving your engine to hear 'phweeem phweeem' and the dumbass next to you putting up a pink cause he thinks he has you beat.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9853

• Pelican Fart
  • Ultimate Admin
Engine wrote:
I want to tune the shit out of a car then put a dampening exhaust on it. I might lose a couple horsepower from it, but there would be NOTHING better than rolling up to a stoplight and revving your engine to hear 'phweeem phweeem' and the dumbass next to you putting up a pink cause he thinks he has you beat.

^ Made me giggle. I love racing ricers for this exact reason. They think they're hot shit, but when they try to race you they realize their flashy mods and sound systems add a lot of weight and they get smoked by my stock beater.
Like my first race, late 90's blue Civic DX hatch, green neon ground effects, fog lights, fart cannon, sound system making his trunk rattle. Thing made a lot of noise but when we both floored it he just couldn't keep up. And the kid was trying to race a BMW before I got to him. Ricers are just tools.
Just bein' a dick.

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9854

• nate dogg
  • Xtreme Admin
  • Need something? Ask me!
  • Thank you received: 38
hahaha i know what your talking about. Whenever i have the chance and some ricer is next to me and his exhaust is so big i can put my head in there and so loud he cant hear himself scream when he looses against my stock BMW. Its always fun!
Merlin aka Nate Dogg

Re: Car Exhaust 7 years 5 months ago #9855

• Pelican Fart
  • Ultimate Admin
Which is why I only go after old BMWs driven by kids or sexy ass M3s that I KNOW are gonna smoke me but are always fun to play with.

I could tell ricer racing stories til the cows came home. I never tire of them and I've had dozens. And never lost to any car with HID lights, including an '09 Scion tC. On a hilly road. In the rain. With 1/8th tank of gas. SHIT ONLY WEIGHS ME DOWN.
Just bein' a dick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds